Asansol power station
Asansol power station is a proposed 540-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power station in West Bengal, India.
The map below shows Asansol village, the approximate location where the plant would be built.
Background on Plant
In May 2011 project proponent DPSC said it had acquired 155 acres for the 540 MW power plant, and that it was scheduled to be onstream by 2012. The DPSC website lists it as a project in progress, however as of August 2015 there are no permits or applications for the project listed on the India MoEF website, and it appears to be abandoned.
- Sponsor: DPSC
- Parent company: SREI Infra and India Power Corporation
- Location: Asansol village, Raghunathpur district, West Bengal
- Coordinates: 23.68, 86.99 (approximate)
- Status: Cancelled
- Unit 1: 270 MW
- Unit 2: 270 MW
- Type: Subcritical
- Start date:
- Coal Type:
- Coal Source:
- Source of financing:
- Permits and applications:
Resources and articles
- "Dishergarh Power may firm up plans for Asansol project by June," The Hindu, May 2, 2011
- "Projects completed," DPSC Limited, accessed July 2014.