Ashoka coal mine
The Ashoka coal mine is an opencast mine, operated by Central Coalfields Limited, a subsidiary of Coal India, producing 14 million-tonnes-per-annum, on a mine lease area of 793.14 Ha is located in the Piparwar Area, Tehsil Tandwa, District Chatra, Jharkhand state, India.
The operating mine has undergone recent expansion.
The map below shows the location of the Ashoka coal mine in the Piparwar Area in Jharkhand state, India.
Background on Mine
- Sponsor: Central Coalfields Limited
- Parent company: Coal India
- Location: Piparwar Area, Jharkhand state, India
- Coordinates: Latitude 23.724268, Longtiude 85.037525 (exact)
- Status: operating
- Capacity: Ashoka mine (14 MTPA)
- Reserves: 186.16 MT
- In service:
- Permits: Environment Clearance for the Ashoka opencast coal mine project, MoEF&CC India, 16 March, 2017
- Coal type: Thermal Grade 8, 10
- Mining method: Opencast
- Mine size: 793.14 Ha
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- Central Coalfields Limited, Statutory Clearances, accessed March 23, 2020
- Environment Clearance for the Ashoka opencast coal mine project, MoEF&CC India, 16 March, 2017