Ashuganj East power station
|Part of the Global Gas Plant Tracker, a Global Energy Monitor and Center for Media and Democracy project.|
Ashuganj East power station is 400-megawatt (MW) gas-fired power plant under construction in Brahmanbaria District, Chittagong Division, Bangladesh.
The satellite photo below shows the exact location of the proposed power station in Ashuganj, Brahmanbaria District, Chittagong Division, Bangladesh.
This project was announced in 2016, along with a "450MW gas-based combined-cycle power plant (South) that is expected to go into commercial operation from June this year and the 450MW combined-cycle power plant (North), which is likely to be commissioned in June 2017." Ashuganj North and South were commissioned in 2016 and 2107.
Ashuganj Power Station reported that the project will be constructed in two phases.
In December 2018, China’s Ambassador to Bangladesh Zhang Zuo visited the project, which is being built by China National Technical IMP & EXP Corp (CNTIC).
In March 2019, construction began.
- Sponsor: Ashuganj Power Station Co Ltd.
- Parent company: Bangladesh Power Dev Board
- Location: Ashuganj, Brahmanbaria District, Chittagong Division, Bangladesh
- Coordinates: 24.044755, 91.018244 (exact)
- Gross capacity (under construction): 400 MW
- Combined-cycle unit: 400 MW (to start 2021)
Articles and Resources
- Pöyry awarded owner's engineer services assignment for Ashuganj 400 MW Combined Cycle Power Plant (East) in Bangladesh, GlobeNewswire, Apr 5, 2017
- Bangladesh to build 400MW combined cycle plant at $500m, Turbo Machinery International, May 18, 2016
- Ashuganj Power Station, Wikipedia website, accessed Dec 24, 2019
- Future Development Plan , Ashuganj Power Station Company Ltd. website, accessed Dec 24, 2019
- Ambassador Zhang Zuo Inspects CNTIC’s Ashuganj (East) Power Station Project in Bangladesh, CNTIC, Dec 7, 2018
- First Engineering Pile Driven for Ashuganj (East) 400MW Combined Cycle Gas Turbine Station Project, CNTIC, Mar 19, 2019