Atibir Industries steel plant
|This article is part of the Global Steel Plant Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Atibir Industries steel plant is a 600-thousand tonnes per annum (ttpa) blast furnace-basic oxygen furnace (BF-BOF) steel plant in Jharkhand, in India. Atbir Industries steel plant operates a blast furnace (BF) and basic oxygen furnace (BOF).
The map below shows the exact location of the steel plant in Bhorandiha, in India.
The Atibir Industries steel plant began operating in 2009 under Atibir Industries Co.
In 2013, part of the plant had to be temporarily closed due to a violation of environmental regulations. It was discovered that the plant was depositing waste into the nearby river; as a consequence, they paid a Rs 5 lakh fine.
In 2018, the Atibir Industries steel plant was categorized as 'highly polluting,' along with 51 other companies, by the Jharkhand State Pollution Control Board.
- Location: Bhorandiha, Udnabad, Giridih (Jharkhand), India
- GPS Coordinates: 24.145239, 86.334999 (exact)
- Plant status: operating
- Start year: 2009
- State-owned entity status: N/A
- Parent company: Atibir Industries Co Ltd [100%]
- Parent company PermID: 5039942952 [100%]
- Owner: Atibir Industries Co Ltd
- Owner company PermID: 5039942952
- Crude steel production capacities (thousand tonnes per annum): 600.0
- Basic oxygen furnace / Blast furnace (BOF/BF): 600
- Crude Iron production capacities (thousand tonnes per annum): 600
- Steel product category: crude; semi-finished; finished rolled
- Steel products: pig iron; rolled products
- Main production equipment: blast furnace (BF) and basic oxygen furnace (BOF)
- Detailed production equipment: BF; BOF; sinter plant; pellet plant
Articles and Resources
- "Atibir Industries Co. Ltd – Unit II". Archived from the original on January 11, 2022. Retrieved January 15, 2022.
- "Closure notices to 4 units for flouting environment rules". The Times of India. 2013-05-29. Retrieved 2022-03-04.
- "If not controlled, the pollution caused by iron industry will make air quality of Giridih like Delhi: IAS Jadhav". eNewsroom India. 2018-07-27. Retrieved 2022-03-04.
- "Atibir Industries Co. Ltd – Unit II". Sribir Group. Retrieved 2022-03-04.