Attila Resources is a Perth-based exploration company which states that its aim is to "be focused on exploring and developing its Western Australian coal and gold assets." However it also flags that it is interested in pursuing international projects as well.
Attila Resources has two current priority coal projects:
- the Talisker North Coal Project which is approximately 650 kilometres north of Perth. The company has indicated that the exploration program is at an early stage. The company states that "an initial exploration program would focus on geophysical surveys and aircore drilling. There is potential to define thermal coal resources within the project area. In its June 2012 quarterly report the company states that the initial drilling at the northern end of its exploration area only resulted in "thin coal seams" being found. Attila reported that it found a coal seam which varied between 3.5 metres and 4.3 metres but at a depth ranging between 47 and 91 metres. Attila has stated it plans to undertake further drilling in the hope of definging a 50 to 100 million tonne resource. While touted as a potential export project through Carnarvon, no export infrastructure currently exists.
- the Kodiak Coking Coal Project in Alabama USA.
Suite 23, 513 Hay Street
Subiaco WA 6008
PO Box 1311
Subiaco WA 6904
Telephone: +61 8 6142 0989
Fax: +61 8 9388 8824
Email: admin AT attilaresources.com
Articles and resources
- Attila Resources, "Talisker North Coal Project", Attila Resources website, accessed November 2012.
- Attila Resources, "Activities report for the Quarter ended 30 June 2012", August 2012.
- Attila Resources, "Quarterly Activities Report September 2012", October 31, 2012, page 3.