From Global Energy Monitor
The Auranga coalfield is located in Jharkhand state, India. The 6 million ton-per-annum (MTPA) Tubed coal mine is under development there.
The map below shows the location of the Auranga coalfield, in Latehar district, Jharkhand state.
Background on Mine
The Auranga coalfield is in the command area of Central Coalfields Limited, a subsidiary of state-owned Coal India. It includes the coal blocks of Tubed (site of the proposed Tubed coal mine, as well as Rajbar, Jagaldagga, and Chiru, as well as possible others. Apparently, none of the Auranga coal blocks are currently being mined; it is unclear whether plans exist to mine the latter three blocks (other than Tubed) in the future.
- Sponsor: Central Coalfields Limited
- Parent company: Coal India
- Location: Latehar district, Jharkhand state, India
- Coordinates: 23.822, 84.618 (approximate) (ca. 23.7-23.9 N, 84.5-84.7 E)
- Status: Proposed
- Reserves: 2,997 MT (352 MT proven, 2,142 MT indicated, 503 MT inferred)
- In service:
- Coal type:
- Mining method:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- ↑ Tubed Coal Block, Wikimapia, accessed May 2015.
- ↑ Rajbar Coal Block, Wikimapia, accessed May 2015.
- ↑ Details of Blocks identified for allocation to Govt. companies / permissible end users, Ministry of Coal, accessed May 2015.