Avon Power Station
|Part of the Global Gas Plant Tracker, a Global Energy Monitor and Center for Media and Democracy project.|
Avon Power Station was a proposed 1,800-megawatt (MW) gas-fired power plant in Gloucestershire County, United Kingdom.
The map below shows the approximate location of the proposed power station in Severn Beach, Gloucestershire County, United Kingdom.
Planning for this power station began circa 2010, however the plans stalled around 2015. In 2018, Scottishpower, the company that had been planning to build Avon Power Station, sold its remaining gas-fired power stations and announced it was switching to 100% wind power.
- Sponsor: Scottish Power UK plc
- Parent company: Iberdrola SA
- Location: Severn Beach, Gloucestershire County, United Kingdom
- Coordinates: 51.5620, -2.6617 (approximate)
- Gross capacity (cancelled): 1,800 MW
Articles and Resources
- National Infrastructure Planning page for Avon Power Station
- "Scottish Power shifts to 100% wind generation after £700m Drax sale", The Guardian, 16 Oct 2018
- National Infrastructure Planning, Meeting note, 23 October 2014
- National Planning Inspectorate page for Avong Power Station