BPB-Hazira Gas Pipeline
|This article is part of the Global Fossil Infrastructure Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
The BPB-Hazira Gas Pipeline is an operating natural gas pipeline.
The pipeline runs from South Bassein Platform B undersea to Hazira, Gujarat.
- Operator: Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC)
- Parent Company: Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC)
- Current Capacity: 13.5 billion cubic meters per year
- Length: 152 miles / 244 kilometers
- Status: Operating
- Start Year: 1996
The pipeline is owned and operated by ONGC.
In December 2017 ONGC published an Expression Of Interest (EOI) for an analysis of safety issues raised by a proposed expansion of the Surat airport that would put new runways above the buried BPA-Hazira Pipeline and BPB-Hazira Pipeline. As of May 2018 ONGC had not hired a consultant to do the analysis.
Articles and resources
- ONGC gas pipelines near runway a concern for ONGC gas pipeline, Times of India, Mar. 29, 2018
- Notice Inviting Expression of Interest (EOI) for Hiring of Consultancy Services for Protection Measures for 36” dia and 42” dia Sour Gas Pipelines at Surat Airport, Gujarat, ONGC, Aug. 12, 2017
- ONGC yet to hire firm for safe operations, Times of India, May 27, 2018