BSOPP Gas Pipeline
|This article is part of the Global Fossil Infrastructure Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
The BSOPP Gas Pipeline would power a proposed gas-fired plant at the Beyondie Sulphate of Potash Project (BSOPP) being developed by Kalium Lakes Ltd.
The pipeline would from from Kumarina to the BSOPP located 160 km southeast of Newman, Western Australia.
- Operator: Kalium Lakes Ltd.
- Parent Company: Kalium Lakes Ltd.
- Current Capacity:
- Length: 79.4 km / 49.3 mi
- Status: Construction
- Start Year: 2020
- Financing: AUS$74 million debt from the Northern Australia Infrastructure Facility
Construction began in July 2020.
In October 2020, Kalium Lakes Ltd (KLL) announced that its Beyondie sulfate of potash (SOP) project (BSOPP) was approaching 70% completion, on budget and on schedule. This includes the practical completion of the BSOPP natural gas pipeline, which is fully owned by Kalium Lakes, as well as the the installation of key equipment for the SOP purification plant.
Articles and resources
- Gas Supply Infrastructure Contracts Awarded, Kalium Lakes, Oct. 14, 2019
- NAIF Investment Decisions and Conditional Approvals as at July 2020, Northern Australia Infrastructure Facility, accessed Sep. 4, 2020
- Gas pipeline construction commences, The Australian Pipeliner, Jul. 9, 2020
- Pipa Luck, Kalium Lakes Ltd provides an update on its Beyondie SOP project, World Fertilizer, 27 October 2020