BSOPP Gas Pipeline
|This article is part of the Global Fossil Infrastructure Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
The BSOPP Gas Pipeline is an operating natural gas pipeline in Australia. It powers a gas-fired plant at the Beyondie Sulphate of Potash Project (BSOPP) being developed by Kalium Lakes Ltd. The plant is expected to produce sulphate of potash fertilizer for domestic and international markets.
The pipeline would go from Kumarina to the BSOPP located 160 km southeast of Newman, Western Australia.
- Operator: Kalium Lakes Ltd
- Parent Company: Kalium Lakes Ltd
- Current Capacity:
- Length: 79.4 km / 49.3 mi
- Status: Operating
- Start Year: 2021
- Financing: AUS$74 million debt from the Northern Australia Infrastructure Facility
Construction began in July 2020.
In October 2020, Kalium Lakes Ltd announced that BSOPP was approaching 70% completion, on budget and on schedule. This includes the practical completion of the BSOPP natural gas pipeline, which is fully owned by Kalium Lakes Ltd, as well as the the installation of key equipment for the SOP purification plant.
In April 2021, Kalium Lakes Ltd introduced gas through the pipeline to the delivery station, where it will be supplied to the plant. Commercial production is expected to begin in September 2021. The pipeline and associated gas plant were commissioned in September 2021.
Articles and resources
- Gas Supply Infrastructure Contracts Awarded, Kalium Lakes Ltd, Oct. 14, 2019
- Beyondie Sulphate of Potash Project, Kalium Lakes Ltd, accessed Aug. 5 2021
- Gas pipeline construction commences, The Australian Pipeliner, Jul. 9, 2020
- NAIF Investment Decisions and Conditional Approvals as at July 2020, Northern Australia Infrastructure Facility, accessed Sep. 4, 2020.
- Pipa Luck, Kalium Lakes Ltd provides an update on its Beyondie SOP project, World Fertilizer, 27 October 2020
- Beyondie SOP Project introduces gas, The Australian Pipeliner, Apr. 6, 2021
- Kalium commissions Beyondie gas power station, PPO Projects, Sep. 10, 2021