Baiyanghe power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Baiyanghe power station (大唐黄岛电厂) is a 890-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Shandong Province, China.
The plant is located in Boshan district, in Zibo City, Shandong Province.
Background on Plant
Baiyanghe power station is a four-unit coal-fired power plant with a total capacity of 890 MW in Shandong Province. Three earlier units, each 50 MW, were retired in 2007. Units 4 & 5, each 145 MW, were completed in 2003. Units 6 & 7, each 300 MW, were completed in 2009.
- Sponsor: Huaneng Shandong Power Corporation
- Parent company: China Huaneng
- Location: Boshan, Zibo prefecture, Shandong Province.
- Coordinates: 36.471944, 117.8425 (exact)
- Status: Units 1-3: Retired; Units 4-7: Operating
- Gross capacity: Unit 1-3: 3 x 50 MW (retired); Units 4-5: 2 x 145 MW; Units 6-7: 2 x 300 MW
- Type: Subcritical
- In service: Units 1-3: 1969-1971 (retired 2007); Units 4-5: 2003; Units 6-7: 2009
- Coal type: Anthracite
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "List of major power stations in Shandong," Wikipedia, accessed September 2016