Bakhrabad to Demra Gas Pipeline
|This article is part of the Global Fossil Infrastructure Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Bakhrabad to Demra Gas Pipeline is an operating natural gas pipeline in Bangladesh. It is part of the Second Natural Gas Development Project.
The pipeline runs from Bakhrabad, Bangladesh, to Demra, Bangladesh.
- Operator: Gas Transmission Company Limited (GTCL)
- Parent Company: Petrobangla
- Current capacity: 250 million cubic feet per day
- Proposed capacity:
- Length: 43 miles / 68 km
- Status: Operating
- Start Year: 1985
The pipeline was a part of the Second Natural Gas Development Project proposed by the Government of the People's Republic of Bangladesh. It was meant to increase the supply of gas to two major consumption areas: the Titas Franchise Area serving the Dhaka region and the Bakhrabad Franchise Area serving Chittagong region.
Articles and resources
- Existing Pipelines GTCL, accessed July 2018.
- Project Performance Audit Report: Second Natural Gas Development Project Asian Development Bank, November 1997.