Baliancheng Coal Mine
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
The undated satellite photo below shows the exact location of the mine.
Coal Mine Background
The Baliancheng Coal Mine started construction in 1992 and put into production in 2006, with a design production capacity of 0.9 million tons per year.The approved production capacity in 2020 is 2.0 million tons per year.
At 4:10 on July 28, 2016, a roofing accident occurred at the Baliancheng Coal Mine, killing one person.At 7:25 on December 7, 2016, an electrical and mechanical accident occurred in the Baliancheng Coal Mine, killing 1 person.
- Operator: Hunchun Mining (Group) Baliancheng Coal Industry Co., Ltd.
- Owner: Jilin Energy Investment Group Co., Ltd.
- Location: Donggang Village, Sanjiazi Township, Hunchun City, Yanbian Korean Autonomous Prefecture, Jilin Province
- GPS Coordinates: 42.830196, 130.287903
- Status: Operating
- Production Capacity: 2.7 million tonnes per annum 
- Total Resource: 181.2520 million tonnes
- Mineable Reserves: 121.1250 million tonnes 
- Coal Type: Lignite, Longflame (Thermal) 
- Mine Size: 37.2817 k㎡
- Mine Type: Underground
- Start Year:' 2006