Baliancheng Coal Mine
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
The undated satellite photo below shows the exact location of the mine.
Coal Mine Background
Baliancheng Coal Mine started construction in 1992 and was put into production in 2006, with a 0.9 million tons/year design production capacity . The approved production capacity in 2020 was 2.7 million tons/year.
At 4:10 on July 28, 2016, a roof accident occurred at Baliancheng Coal Mine, killing one person. At 7:25 on December 7, 2016, an electromechanical accident occurred in Baliancheng Coal Mine, resulting in one death.
- Operator: Hunchun Mining (Group) Baliancheng Coal Industry Co., Ltd.
- Owner: Jilin Energy Investment Group Co., Ltd.
- Location: Donggang Village, Sanjiazi Township, Hunchun City, Yanbian Korean Autonomous Prefecture, Jilin Province
- GPS Coordinates: 42.830196, 130.287903
- Status: Operating
- Production Capacity: 2.7 million tonnes per annum 
- Total Resource: 181.2520 million tonnes
- Mineable Reserves: 121.1250 million tonnes
- Coal Type: Lignite, Longflame (Thermal) 
- Mine Size: 37.2817 k㎡
- Mine Type: Underground
- Start Year: 2006