Balrampur coal mine
From Global Energy Monitor
The Balrampur Coal Mine is operated by South Eastern Coalfields Limited, a subsidiary of Coal India, on the Bisrampur coal block in Balrampur, Surajur, Chhattisgarh, India.
The map below shows the location of the Balrampur Underground Coal Mine Project in village Balrampur, Tehsil & District Surajur, State Chhattisgarh, India.
Background on Mine
The Balrampur Underground Coal Mine Project has a designed capacity 0.84 million tonnes per annum. It is located on a mining lease area of 555.0 ha in Bisrampur coal block. The project received environment clearance on 23 April 1998. However, the project needs new environment clearance as per the revised guidelines of the MoEF&CC, India.
- Sponsor: South Eastern Coalfields Limited
- Parent company: Coal India Limited
- Location: village Balrampur, Tehsil & District Surajur, State Chhattisgarh, India.
- GPS coordinates: Latitude 23.229703, Longitude 83.010222
- Status: Operating
- Capacity: 0.84 million tonnes per annum
- Production: 0.11 million tonnes (2020)
- Total Resource: 12.1 MT
- Mineable Reserves: 6.50 MT
- Coal Type: Non-coking coal
- Mine Size: 555 Ha
- Mine Type: Underground
- Start Year:
- Source of Financing:
- Permits and Applications:EC for expnsion of Balrampur underground coal mine project, MoEF&CC India, 23 April 1998; Minutes of 38th EAC meeting, MoEF&CC India, 27 September 2018
Articles and resources
- ↑ Balrampur coal mine information accessed on April 16, 2020
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 EC for expnsion of Balrampur underground coal mine project, MoEF&CC India, 23 April 1998
- ↑ Minutes of 38th EAC meeting, MoEF&CC India, 27 September 2018
- ↑ Mining Project To Start Production In May, Mrinal Biswas, Business Standard, 27 January, 2013
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Coal reserves as per CMPDI, accessed on April 9, 2020