Bangka-1 power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Indonesia and coal|
Bangka-1 power station is a proposed 200-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Bangka-Belitung, Indonesia.
The map below shows Bangka-Belitung, the proposed location for the plant.
Background on Plant
In August 2016 Indonesia state electricity company PT PLN launched a pre-qualification process for project sponsors to develop independent power producer projects, including Bangka-1 Coal Fired Steam Power Plant (2x100MW) located in Bangka-Belitung.
According to a February 2017 article, the plant would be 400 MW rather than 200 MW. It would be built in Kecamatan Lubuk Besar, Central Bangka Regency. A decision on moving forward depends on PLN and the Ministry of Energy and Mineral Resources. In addition to a coal plant, investors are interested in buiding a solar power plant in Koba District by a third party from Malaysia, using Spanish technology.
In February 2018 the Regent of Central Bangka Ib Saleh said there had been interest in the project from a Korean investor, but claimed to have forgotten the potential investor's name.
The Indonesia Electricity Supply Business Plan (RUPTL) for 2018-2027 lists a completion date of 2024 for the plant but also says the plant will be delayed until 2027 or later due to insufficient demand, effectively shelving it. In the 2021-2030 RUPTL the project is cancelled and replaced with the Sumatra-Bangka Interconnection.
- Sponsor: PT PLN Persero
- Parent company: PT PLN Persero
- Location: Banka-Belitung, Indonesia
- Coordinates: -2.133333, 106.116667 (approximate)
- Status: Cancelled
- Gross Capacity: 400 MW (Units 1 & 2: 200 MW)
- Type: Subcritical
- Start date: 2027
- Coal Type:
- Coal Source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "PLN prequalifies firms for Bangka-1, Kalselteng-3, Kaltim-3, Kaltim-6 coal fired power plant projects," Rambu Energy, August 10, 2016
- Kamis, "Pembangunan PLTU Bangka Tengah Tunggu Keputusan PLN," AntaraBabel, 9 February 2017
- Investor asal Korea tertarik bangun PLTU di Bangka Belitung, Merdeka, Feb. 22, 2018
- Rencana Usaha Penyediaan Tenaga Listrik (RUPTL) 2018-2027, PT PLN Persero
- Rencana Usaha Penyediaan Tenaga Listrik (RUPTL) 2021-2030, PT PLN Persero, p.V-4