Bangka Belitung-Pontianak FSRU
|This article is part of the Global Fossil Infrastructure Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Bangka Belitung-Pontianak FSRU is a proposed floating storage and regasification unit (FSRU) proposed to be based in Pontianak, West Kalimantan, Indonesia.
- Parent: PT Perusahaan Gas Negara
- Location: Pontianak, West Kalimantan, Indonesia
- Coordinates: -0.045634, 109.181164 (approximate)
- Status: Shelved
- Type: Import
- Start Year:
Note: mtpa = million tonnes per year; bcfd = billion cubic feet per day
In June 2017 PT Perusahaan Gas Negara announced a tender to build an FSRU in the Bangka Belitung-Pontianak region in West Kalimantan. A tender to build the FSRU was also announced in October 2018, and again in February 2019, but none drew bidders. With no progress in more than two years the project appears to be shelved.
Articles and resources
- Indonesia's PGN eyes LNG projects in Bangka Belitung, Pontianak and Nias, Jun. 24, 2017
- PLN holds tender for five FSRU projects, Jakarta Post, Oct. 3, 2018
- PLN masih evaluasi penawaran untuk lima proyek FSRU, Kontan, Feb. 10, 2019