Banshi Coal Mine
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
The undated satellite photo below shows the exact location of the mine.
Coal Mine Background
Banshi Coal Mine started construction in May 2006 and was put into production in July 2008, with a 0.9 million tons/year design production capacity. The approved production capacity in 2020 was 2.4 million tons/year.
At 10:49 on February 26, 2021, an electromechanical accident occurred in Banshi Coal Mine, resulting in one death.
- Operator: Hunchun Mining (Group) Banshi Coal Industry Co., Ltd.
- Owner: Jilin Energy Investment Group Co., Ltd.
- Location: Hulong Village, Banshi Town, Hunchun City, Yanbian Korean Autonomous Prefecture, Jilin Province
- GPS Coordinates: 42.775282, 130.316763
- Status: Operating
- Production Capacity: 2.4 million tonnes per annum 
- Total Resource: 111.00 million tonnes
- Mineable Reserves: 25.40 million tonnes 
- Coal Type: Lignite, Longflame (Thermal) 
- Mine Size: 22.50 k㎡
- Mine Type: Underground
- Start Year: 2008