Baofeng Low Heat power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Baofeng Low Heat power station (宁夏宝丰能源低热值煤发电) is a proposed 700-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Ningxia Hui Autonomous Region, China.
The map below shows the location of the proposed plant in Linhe Town (Linhezhen), Lingwu City, Yinchuan prefecture.
Background on Plant
Ningxia Baofeng Energy Group has proposed a 2 x 350 MW coal plant in Linhe Town. The project was seeking permitting, but in January 2017 was suspended by China's National Energy Administration (NEA). Overall, the NEA suspended 85 planned and under-construction coal power projects with a total capacity of over 100GW in 13 provinces. It is unclear when or if the projects will be revived.
For details, see China's 2016 Restrictions on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity.
- Sponsor: Ningxia Baofeng Energy Group
- Parent company: Ningxia Baofeng Energy Group
- Location: Linhe Town (Linhezhen), Lingwu City, Yinchuan Prefecture, Ningxia Hui Autonomous Region, China
- Coordinates: 38.246417, 106.544682 (exact)
- Status: Shelved
- Gross capacity: 700 MW (Units 1&2: 350 MW)
- Projected in service:
- Coal type: waste coal
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "能源局下发13省市新建火电机组停建清单(附文件)," Polaris, Jan 16, 2017