Barauni-Guwahati Gas Pipeline
|This article is part of the Global Fossil Infrastructure Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
The pipeline runs from Barauni, Bihar through Bongaigaon to Guwahati, Assam, India.
- Operator: GAIL
- Parent Company: GAIL
- Proposed capacity: 4.38 billion cubic meters per year
- Length: 452.98 miles/729 kilometers
- Status: Construction
- Start Year: 2021
The pipeline is an integral part of the Pradhan Mantri Urja Ganga Pipeline Project. It is an extension of Jagdishpur-Haldia-Bokaro-Dhamra Natural Gas Pipeline (JHBDPL) and is expected to serve as a feeder line connecting East India with the National Gas Grid.
Articles and resources
- Expression Of Interest (EOI) to Lay, Build, and Operate Barauni-Bongaigaon-Guwahati Natural Gas Pipeline, PNGRB, May 15, 2017
- India’s GAIL-managed Pipeline Rollout Reaches South and East, NGV Global News, May 12, 2019
- "Barauni-Ghy Pipeline Project to Complete by April 2021 - Pratidin Time". www.pratidintime.com. Retrieved 2021-08-31.
- Gail Integrated Annual Report 2020-21. GAIL. 2021. p. 323.
- Guwahati-Barauni gas pipeline to come up by 2021, Economic Times, accessed May 2019