Barauni-Guwahati Gas Pipeline
From Global Energy Monitor
|This article is part of the Global Fossil Infrastructure Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
The Barauni-Guwahati Gas Pipeline is a proposed natural gas pipeline in India.
The pipeline runs from Barauni, Bihar through Bongaigaon to Guwahati, Assam, India.
- Operator: Assam Gas Company Limited
- Parent Company: Assam Gas Company Limited
- Proposed capacity: 4.38 billion cubic meters per year
- Length: 466 miles / 750 kilometers
- Status: Construction
- Start Year: 2021
The pipeline is owned and operated by Assam Gas Company Limited.
Articles and resources
- Expression Of Interest (EOI) to Lay, Build, and Operate Barauni-Bongaigaon-Guwahati Natural Gas Pipeline, PNGRB, May 15, 2017
- India’s GAIL-managed Pipeline Rollout Reaches South and East, NGV Global News, May 12, 2019
- Guwahati-Barauni gas pipeline to come up by 2021, Economic Times, accessed May 2019