Barka Sayal coal mines
The Barka Sayal coal mines are a network of opencast and underground mines, operated by Central Coalfields Limited, a subsidiary of Coal India, producing more than 10 million-tonnes-per-annum, on the South Karanpura coalfield in the Ramgarh district Jharkhand state, India.
The operating mines include: Bhurkunda mines, Central Saunda, North Urimari Birsa, Saunda mines, Sayal "D", Urimari mines.
The map below shows the location of the Barka Sayal coal mines on the South Karanpura mines, in Ramgarh district, Jharkhand state.
Background on Mine
The network of coal mines on the South Karanpura coalfield are owned by Central Coalfields Limited (a subsidiary of Coal India). There are numerous surface and underground mines on the South Karanpura coalfield.
- Sponsor: Central Coalfields Limited
- Parent company: Coal India
- Location: Ramgarh district, Jharkhand state, India
- Coordinates: 23.701948, 85.293923 (exact)
- Status: Operating/propsed expansion
- Capacity: Bhurkunda opencast (1.75 MTPA), Bhurkunda underground (0.3 MTPA), Central Saunda underground, Saunda underground, Saunda "D" underground (0.093 MTPA), Sayal "D" underground (1 MTPA), Urimari opencast (4 MTPA), Urimari underground (0.36 MTPA).
- Reserves: 143 MT 
- In service:
- Coal type:
- Mining method: Surface and underground
- Source of financing: