Bartarai coal mine
|This article is part of the Global Coal Mine Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
|Please visit Global Energy Monitor to download the dataset|
The Bartarai Coal Mine is operated by South Eastern Coalfields Limited, a subsidiary of Coal India in the village of Bartarai, Tehsil & District Anuppur, Madhya Pradesh, India.
The map below shows the location of the Bartarai coal mine.
Background on Mine
The project was earlier granted environmental clearance by the Ministry vide letter dated 15th March, 1996, and now requires fresh appraisal/approval in terms of the MoEF&CC India Notification of 6 April 2018 for their present mining operations.
- Sponsor: South Eastern Coalfields Limited
- Parent company: Coal India Limited
- Location: village Bartarai, Tehsil & District Anuppur, Madhya Pradesh, India
- GPS coordinates: Latitude 23.136999, Longitude 82.065634
- Capacity: 0.465 million tonnes per annum
- Production:0.28 million tonnes (2020)
- Total Resource: 11.82 MT
- Extractable Reserves: 9.52 MT
- Coal Type: Non-coking coal
- Mine Size: 495.6 Ha
- Mine Type: Underground
- Start Year:
- Source of Financing:
- Permits and Applications: Environment Clearance for Amadand and Kewal UG project of Jamuna and Kotma Area, MoEF&CC India, 4 April 1998
- Status: Proposed
- Size of Expansion:
- Permits and Applications: