Baruun Noyon coal mine
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Mongolia and coal|
Baruun Noyon coal mine is a surface coal mine in Ömnögovi (South Gobi) Province, Mongolia.
The undated satellite photo below shows the mine site, near Noyon, in Noyon District, Ömnögovi Province, Mongolia.
In June 2020, mine owner TerraCom finalized the sale of its Mongolian assets to Bridge Resources, disposing of its Baruun Noyon Uul (BNU) coal mine and its Enkhtunkh Orchon coal mine. The assets were sold as a "going concern", with Bridge accepting the existing net liabilities of up to US$28 million, paying TerraCom US$3 million.
- Owner: Bridge Resources
- Parent company: Bridge Resources
- Location: Noyon, in Noyon District, Ömnögovi (South Gobi) Province, Mongolia
- GPS coordinates: 43.109958, 102.331317 (exact)
- Mine status: Operating
- Annual Capacity: 1.5 mtpa
- Mineable reserves: 27.07 (Measured, Indicated and Inferred, 2015) <ref> Australian Trade Commission, "Mongolian Mining Projects", (PDF), Accessed June 2021 <?ref>
- Coal type: Metallurgical
- Mine size:
- Mine type: Surface
- Start year:
- Life of Mine:
- Number of employees: