Baxter F. Phillips Jr.
Baxter F. Phillips Jr. is the President and a member of the Board of Directors of the coal company Massey Energy.
In December 2010, Massey's Board of Directors announced that its Chairman and CEO, Don Blankenship, would retire from the company at the end of 2010. Baxter F. Phillips Jr. was named as the new CEO. Admiral Bobby Ray Inman, Lead Independent Director on the Massey Board, was chosen to serve as Non-Executive Chairman.
A biographical note on Massey Energy's website states that Phillips "was elected President of Massey Energy Company effective November 10, 2008. He previously served as Executive Vice President and Chief Administrative Officer from November 2004 to November 2008, as Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer from September 2003 to November 2004 and as Vice President and Treasurer from 2000 to August 2003. Mr. Phillips joined us in 1981 and has also served in the roles of Corporate Treasurer, Manager of Export Sales and Corporate Human Resources Manager, among others."
Articles and resources
Related GEM.wiki articles
- Existing U.S. Coal Plants
- Global warming
- Gordon Gee
- Mining industry
- Mountaintop removal
- Risk factors for coal companies
- United States and coal
- West Virginia and coal
- ↑ Massey Energy, "Board of Directors", Massey Energy website, accessed April 2010.
- ↑ Ken Ward Jr., "Breaking news: Don Blankenship to retire," Coal Tattoo, December 3, 2010
- ↑ Massey Energy, "Biography: Baxter F. Phillips Jr.", Massey Energy website, accessed April 2010.
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|