Bayanhaote Cogen power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Bayanhaote Cogen power station (哈伦能源巴彦浩特热电联产项目) is a 660-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power station in Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region, China.
The undated satellite photo below shows the plant in Bayanhot Town, Alxa Left Banner, Alxa Prefecture, Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region.
Background on Project
Inner Mongolia Halun Energy Co. has proposed a power station of two 330 MW units. The EIA was approved in 2014. The project is under construction. Trial operation was planned for December 2015, but as of 2016 construction is still ongoing.
The plant went online in 2016-2017.
- Sponsor: Inner Mongolia Halun Energy Co.
- Location: Bayanhaote Town, Alxa Left Banner, Alxa Prefecture, Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region, China
- Coordinates: 38.814811, 105.723164 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Gross capacity: 660 MW (Units 1&2: 330 MW)
- Type: Subcritical
- In service: 2016 (Unit 1), 2017 (Unit 2)
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing: