Bayanhua Jinshan power station
|Part of the |
Global Coal Plant Tracker,
a Global Energy Monitor project.
|Related coal trackers:|
Bayanhua Jinshan power station is an operating power station of at least 1200-megawatts (MW) in Bayanhua Town, West Ujimqin, Xilingol, Inner Mongolia, China with multiple units, some of which are not currently operating. It is also known as 锡林郭勒苏能白音华电厂 (Phase II Unit 3, Phase II Unit 4).
Table 1: Project-level location details
|Plant name||Location||Coordinates (WGS 84)|
|Bayanhua Jinshan power station||Bayanhua Town, West Ujimqin, Xilingol, Inner Mongolia, China||44.9315393, 118.7082624 (exact)|
The map below shows the exact location of the power station.
Unit-level coordinates (WGS 84):
- Phase II Unit 3, Phase I Unit 2, Phase I Unit 1, Phase II Unit 4: 44.9315393, 118.7082624
Table 2: Unit-level details
|Unit name||Status||Fuel(s)||Capacity (MW)||Technology||Start year||Retired year|
|Phase II Unit 3||permitted||coal - lignite||660||ultra-supercritical||–||–|
|Phase I Unit 2||operating||coal - lignite||600||subcritical||2010||–|
|Phase I Unit 1||operating||coal - lignite||600||subcritical||2010||–|
|Phase II Unit 4||permitted||coal - lignite||660||ultra-supercritical||–||–|
Table 3: Unit-level ownership and operator details
|Phase II Unit 3||Jiangsu Xukuang Energy Co Ltd [100.0%]|
|Phase I Unit 2||Baiyinhua Jinshan Power Co Ltd [100.0%]|
|Phase I Unit 1||Baiyinhua Jinshan Power Co Ltd [100.0%]|
|Phase II Unit 4||Jiangsu Xukuang Energy Co Ltd [100.0%]|
Project-level coal details
- Permit(s): October 24, 2005, May 8, 2020
Description of Expansion
There were no developments on the two units through 2019, likely due to the central government's "traffic light" policy, a policy introduced in 2016 that limited coal plant development in most provinces, including Inner Mongolia. (For details, see China's 2016 Restrictions on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity.)
In 2019, Inner Mongolia was issued a green light under the traffic light policy allowing for new coal plant development.
In May 2020, units 3-4 of the power station were permitted for construction.
Articles and Resources
- "白音华金山坑口电厂将于9月中旬投产发电," 内蒙古新闻网, 2010-08-05
- "白音华金山坑口电厂", 锡林郭勒盟招商引资网, 2014-05-28
- 锡林郭勒盟以科学发展观为指导积极参与东北振兴 实现经济跨越发展"",锡林郭勒盟发展和改革委员会, 2012-05-24
- Ailun Yang and Yiyun Cui, "Global Coal Risk Assessment: Data Analysis and Market Research," World Resources Institute working paper, November 2012
- "金山股份:平淡经年,重归成长," 国泰君安证券股份有限公司, 2015-06-15
- "白音华金山坑口电厂二期工程2×660MW空冷超超临界发电机组项目招标公告," 爽子 发布时间, 2015-08-12
- "金山股份:平淡经年,重归成长," 国泰君安证券股份有限公司 研究员, 2015-06-15
- "Circular on 2022 risk and early warning for coal power planning and construction," China Energy Portal, May 14, 2018
- "华电白音华金山电厂二期2×660MW超超临界机组新建工程项目获得内蒙古自治区能源局核准批复," 北极星电力网新闻中心, 2020/5/13
To access additional data, including an interactive map of coal-fired power stations, a downloadable dataset, and summary data, please visit the Global Coal Plant Tracker on the Global Energy Monitor website.