Beckley Crystal Mine
|This article is part of the Global Coal Mine Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Beckley Crystal is an underground coal mining operation in Raleigh County, West Virginia, operated by Baylor Mining and owned by Robert L. Worley.
On April 23, 2010, a West Virginia coal miner died at the mine after being crushed between a piece of heavy equipment and a block of coal.
- MSHA ID: 4608829
- Operator: Baylor Mining Inc
- Controller: Robert L Worley
- County: Raleigh
- State: WV
- Latitude: 37.67
- Longitude: -81.37
- 2020 Production: 1 million short tons
- Reserves: 25.5 million short tons
- Coal Type: Bituminous
- Mining Method: Underground
- Mine Status: Active
- Average No. of Employees: 58
Articles and resources
Related GEM.wiki articles
- West Virginia and coal
- U.S. coal politics
- Coal and jobs in the United States
- Coal phase-out
- Headquarters of U.S. coal mining companies
- Global list of coal mining companies and agencies
- Proposed coal mines
- Existing U.S. Coal Plants
To see a listing of coal mines in a particular state, click on the map:
- "Man Dies After Being Crushed at W. Virginia Mine" The Wall Street Journal, April 23, 2010.
- Mining Data Solution, Beckley Mine, accessed April 2021.
- "Major U.S. Coal Mines," Energy Information Administration