Beckley Exhibition Coal Mine
In March 2009, the $3.5 million Beckley Exhibition Coal Mine opened to the public. The 14,000-square-foot building includes an underground mine, coal camp, and children's museum with artifacts and memorabilia. The complex also includes a visitor's center and gift shop. The exhibition center was built with grants and federal and state funds. Backers hope it will become a popular tourist attraction.
Alternative Citizen Information Sources on Coal in in West Virginia
- Citizens for Alternatives to Longview Power
- Coal River Mountain Watch
- Greenbrier River Watershed Association
- Keeper of the Mountains Foundation
- Ohio Valley Environmental Coalition
- Sierra Club West Virginia Chapter
- West Virginia Environmental Council
- West Virginia Highlands Conservancy
- West Virginia Rivers Coalition
Article and Resources
Related SourceWatch articles
- "W.Va.'s Exhibition Coal Mine opens Monday," Charleston Daily Mail, March 30, 2009.
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|