Bee Creek coal project
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Australia and coal|
The Bee Creek coal project is a proposed thermal and pulverised coal injection mine in Queensland, Australia.
Bee Creek is proposed to lie 20km west of Nebo, Queensland.
Coal Mine Background
Bee Creek was listed as a possible Australian coal project in BHP Billiton's 2009 Annual Report. The company lists it as a possible open cut mine producing both metallurgical and thermal coal from the Bowen Basin in Queensland. It is listed as having a total resource of 60 million tonnes.
In September 2019 Bee Creek was listed on the New Hope Group's website as in the early exploration stage of development.
- Parent Company: New Hope Group
- Location: approximately 20km west of the township of Nebo, Queensland
- GPS Coordinates: -21.661944, 148.485833 (exact)
- Status: Proposed
- Production Capacity:
- Total Resource: 60 million tonnes
- Minable Reserves:
- Coal type: Thermal and pulverised coal injection (PCI) coal
- Mine Size:
- Mine Type:
- Start Year:
- Source of Financing:
Articles and resources