Beijing Energy Wujianfang power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Beijing Energy Wujianfang power station (京能锡林郭勒发电公司五间房电厂) is a 1,320-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power station in Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region, China.
The undated satellite photo below shows the plant in Xiwuzhumuqin (West Ujimqin) Banner. It's right next to the CR Xiwu Qi Wujianfang power station on the east side.
Background on Project
Beijing Energy Group and China Resources are constructing a 2 x 660 MW ultra-supercritical power station in West Ujimqin Banner of Xilin Gol League. The power station is planned for operation in 2017.
Nationwide Restrictions Imposed on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity
In 2016 China's National Energy Administration issued "scale control" (coal-fired capacity limits) on particular "sending out" locations that feed ultra-high voltage (UHV) long-distance power lines, including Inner Mongolia (Xilingong), Inner Mongolia (Ordos), Shaanxi, Ningxia, and Xinjiang.
As of January 2017, the affected area includes this power station, which may be scaled down as a result. For details, see China's 2016 Restrictions on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity.
2017: Expansion postponed by government
In July 2017, the NEA released the "Guideline of Supply-Side Reform of the Coal Power Bubble". The Guideline included a draft list which slowed down or halted 185 coal-burning units across 21 provinces, totaling 107 GW. 114 coal units (65 GW) are ordered to slow down the construction progress during 2017 to 2020, and are not allowed to connect to the grid in 2017. In addition, 71 coal units (42 GW) were halted indefinitely for regulation violations. The list partly overlapped with the projects listed in the January NEA letter to 13 provinces.
For more information, see China's 2016/2017 Restrictions on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity.
March 2018: Construction continues on project
Satellite imagery for 44.572488, 116.739511 shows that construction continued on the project in the period July 2017 to March 2018.
October 2018: Unit 1 commissioned
Unit 1 was commissioned in October 2018.
January 2019: Unit 2 commissioned
Unit 2 was commissioned on January 24, 2019.
- Sponsor: Beijing Energy Group (70%), China Resources (30%)
- Location: Xiwuzhumuqin (West Ujimqin Banner), Xilin Gol League, Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region, China
- Coordinates: 44.572488, 116.739511 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Gross capacity: 1,320 MW (Units 1&2: 660 MW)
- Type: Ultra-supercritical
- Start year: 2018 (Unit 1), 2019 (Unit 2)
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "京能电力五间房电厂2×660MW机组项目（新建）进展情况," 西乌旗招商局, 2015/8/31
- "京能五间房电厂2×660MW发电机组项目," GGA003/2015-00697, 2015-7-17
- "锡盟至山东特高压7个配套煤电项目 获能源局批复," dskzb.com, 2015-06-23
- "能源局下发13省市新建火电机组停建清单(附文件)," Polaris, Jan 16, 2017
- "16部委联合发文防范化解煤电产能过剩风险," Sohu.com, 2017-08-03
- "2017年分省煤电停建和缓建项目名单," Sohu, 2017-10-12
- "西乌旗京能五间房2×660MW电厂一号机组圆满完成168小时满负荷试运," 北极星电力网新闻中心, 2018/10/22
- "京能五间房电厂2×660MW机组工程项目2号机组通过168小时试运行," 北极星电力网新闻中心, 2019/1/28