Belfast Harbour Estate power station
|Part of the Global Gas Plant Tracker, a Global Energy Monitor and Center for Media and Democracy project.|
Belfast Harbour Estate power station is a 480-megawatt (MW) gas-fired power plant in County Antrim, United Kingdom.
The map below shows the exact location of the proposed power station in Belfast, County Antrim, United Kingdom.
Since the project's announcement in March of 2019 there have not been any significant updates. After March 2020 the project has been scrubbed from the Evermore site. In addition, the project is not listed in the National Infrastructure Planning database. It is presumed to be shelved.
- Sponsor: Belfast Power Holdings
- Parent company: Evermore Group, Crescent Capital Group LLC
- Location: Airport Road West in the Belfast Harbour Estate, Belfast, County Antrim, United Kingdom
- Coordinates: 54.623021, -5.877866 (exact)
- Gross capacity (shelved): 480 MW
- Combined-cycle unit: 480 MW (to start 2022)
Articles and Resources
- "Belfast Power Station", Evermore Energy brochure
- New power station to provide electricity for half a million homes, Belfast Telegraph, Mar 25, 2019
- Evermore Energy, Evermore Energy, Mar 2, 2020
- Evermore Energy, Evermore Energy, Aug 8, 2020
- Projects, UK National Infrastructure Planning, accessed Apr 15, 2021
- Belfast Power Station Evermore Energy, accessed Jan. 9, 2020