Benban Alfanar solar farm
|This article is part of the Global Solar Power Tracker, a Global Energy Monitor project.|
Benban Alfanar solar farm is an operating solar farm in Benban, Markaz Deraw, Aswan Governorate, Egypt.
The solar farm has one phase that is at least 20 MW. (Read more about solar capacity ratings.)
Table 1: Phase-level project details for Benban Alfanar solar farm
|Status||Commissioning year||Nameplate capacity||Owner||Operator|
|Operating||2019||50 MW||Alfanar Group (Local Script: شركة الفنار)||Alfanar Energy|
Table 2: Phase-level location details for Benban Alfanar solar farm
|Location||Coordinates (WGS 84)|
|Benban, Markaz Deraw, Aswan Governorate, Egypt||24.4477, 32.7433 (approximate)|
The map below shows the approximate location of the solar farm:
Articles and Resources
To access additional data, including an interactive map of global solar farms, a downloadable dataset, and summary data, please visit the Global Solar Power Tracker on the Global Energy Monitor website.
- "Benban Al Fanar Solar PV Park, Egypt". Power Technology. January 5, 2022. Archived from the original on March 24, 2022. Retrieved March 29, 2022.
- "«الفنار» تشغل محطتها الشمسية فى بنبان وتبدأ بيع الطاقة المنتجة لـ«الكهرباء» - جريدة البورصة". Daily News Egypt. May 4, 2019. Archived from the original on March 24, 2022. Retrieved March 29, 2022.
- https://www.alfanar.com/index. Missing or empty
- "Alfanar Closes Financing For 50Mw Solar Pv Project In Egypt". African Review. Archived from the original on July 2, 2021. Retrieved December 13, 2021.
- "Ppa For 50 Mw Plant Signed In Egypt". Archived from the original on July 2, 2021. Retrieved December 13, 2021.
- "Ipp & Project Development". Alfanar. Archived from the original on July 2, 2021. Retrieved December 13, 2021.