Bengalon coal mine
From Global Energy Monitor
|This article is part of the |
Global Coal Mine Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.
The map below shows the exact location of the Bengalon coal mine, in South Kalimantan, Indonesia
In 2007, a 30% stake in KPC was sold to the Indian company, Tata Power.
- Sponsor: Kaltim Prima Coal
- Parent company: Bumi Resources
- Location: East Kalimantan, Indonesia
- Coordinates: 0.823979, 117.599032 (exact)
- Status: operating
- Capacity: 60.93 million tonnes with Sangatta coal mine (2019); 59.7 million tonnes (2020)
- Reserves: The estimates have increased over the years: 165 MT (2005)215 MT proven and probable (2018); and 236 MT (2020)
- In service:
- Coal type:
- Mining method: opencast