Berlins Creek mine
For information on how to get involved in adding material to Global Energy Monitor Wiki see here.
|This article is part of the |
Global Coal Mine Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.
Berlins Creek mine, also known as Heaphy Mine, is an opencast sub-bituminous coal mine west of Inangahua on the West Coast of the South Island of New Zealand. The mine is owned by Heaphy Mining.
The map below shows the exact location of the mine.
- Operator: Heaphy Mining 
- Owner: Heaphy Mining 
- Location: Buller District, West Coast Region, South Island, New Zealand 
- Coordinates: -41.879217,171.847270 (Exact)
- Status: Operating
- Capacity: 0.007696 million tonnes per annum (Mtpa)
- Total Reserves:
- Mineable Reserves: 6 million tonnes
- Coal Type: SUBBITUMINOUS (Thermal)
Solid fuel calorific value (gross) 24.20 MJ/kg (Range for NZ coal 15.25–31.95 MJ/kg) 
- Mine Type: SURFACE
- Start Year: 2017 
- Source of Financing: Heaphy Mining 
Articles and Resources
- Parliamentary Commissioner for the Environment, "Mining operations on Department of Conservation Land", accessed February 2021
- New Zealand Petroleum and Minerals, "Operating coal mines", Ministry of Economic Development, accessed February 2021.
- MinDat, "Heaphy Mine: Berlins Creek", MinDat website, Accessed February 2021
- Ministry of Economic Development, "NZ Energy Data File", accessed December 2012