Bernice coal project
|This article is part of the Global Coal Mine Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
The image below shows the approximate location of the mine.
The mine has been proposed since 2011 and last undated in public records at the end of 2016. The status is still considered "proposed," but without further development may be considered "shelved".
- Sponsor: Universal Coal
- Parent Company:
- Location: Musina, Vhembe, Limpopo, South Africa
- GPS Coordinates: -22.9028678, 29.4318658 (approximate)
- Status: Proposed
- Production Capacity: 10 million tonnes per annum
- Total Reserve: 1350 million tonnes
- Mineable Reserves: 402.4 million tonnes
- Coal type: Met
- Mine Size:
- Mine Type: surface
- Mine Depth:20-250 m
- Start Year: TBD
- Source of Financing:
Related SourceWatch articles
- Seeking Alpha,Universal Coal Confirms Sustainable 10mtpa Coking Coal Project, April 23, 2012.
- Universal Coal Investor Presentation, September 2016
- Universal Coal launches Concept Study at 1.3Bt Berenice Cygnus coking coal project