Bethpage power plant
|Part of the |
Global Oil and Gas Plant Tracker,
a Global Energy Monitor project.
Bethpage power plant is an operating power station of at least 240-megawatts (MW) in Hicksville, Nassau, New York, United States.
Table 1: Project-level location details
|Plant name||Location||Coordinates (WGS 84)|
|Bethpage power plant||Hicksville, Nassau, New York, United States||40.7469, -73.4994 (exact)|
The map below shows the exact location of the power station.
Unit-level coordinates (WGS 84):
- Unit G602: 40.7469, -73.4994
- Unit G603: 40.7469, -73.4994
- Unit GEN5: 40.7469, -73.4994
Table 2: Unit-level details
|Unit name||Status||Fuel(s)||Capacity (MW)||Technology||CHP||Start year||Retired year|
|Unit G602||operating||gas, fuel oil||84 MW||combined cycle||no||-||-|
|Unit G603||operating||gas, fuel oil||96 MW||combined cycle||no||-||-|
|Unit GEN5||operating||gas||60 MW||gas turbine||no||-||-|
CHP is an abbreviation for Combined Heat and Power. It is a technology that produces electricity and thermal energy at high efficiencies. Coal units track this information in the Captive Use section when known.
Table 3: Unit-level ownership and operator details
|Unit G602||Calpine Eastern Corp||CPN Management LP|
|Unit G603||Calpine Eastern Corp||CPN Management LP|
|Unit GEN5||Calpine Eastern Corp||CPN Management LP|
Articles and Resources
- "U.S. Energy Information Administration, Preliminary Monthly Electric Generator Inventory (November 2019)". Archived from the original on June 12, 2020. Retrieved September 10, 2021.
- "U.S. Energy Information Administration, Preliminary Monthly Electric Generator Inventory (April 2022)". Archived from the original on July 12, 2022. Retrieved June 10, 2022.
- "U.S. Energy Information Administration, Preliminary Monthly Electric Generator Inventory (July 2021)". Archived from the original on November 22, 2021. Retrieved October 13, 2021.
To access additional data, including an interactive map of gas-fired power stations, a downloadable dataset, and summary data, please visit the Global Oil and Gas Plant Tracker on the Global Energy Monitor website.