Bhandhakhar power station
Bhandhakhar power station is a 300-megawatt power station in Chhattisgarh, India.
The undated satellite photo below shows the power station in village Bhandakhar in Pali Tehsil, Korba District.
Although the Ministry of Power listed this project as under construction in September 2013, there is no indication on the company's website that the project has proceeded past the development stage. As of January 2014 the power station is not listed as having received a terms of reference or environmental clearance permit from the India Ministry of Environments and Forests website.
On its website, ACB (India) describes the status of the project as follows:
- Signed MoU with Government of Chhattisgarh on 26.09.2006 and Implementation Agreement on 01.08.2009. Financial Closure achieved. Land for the Project already acquired. Fuel linkage has been awarded on April 8, 2010. Water allocation for 3.09 mcm received in May, 2008. All statutory approvals required for the Project already in place. Environment Clearance received on May 12, 2010. Open access has been granted from Sipat Pooling Station from PGCIL and Bulk Power Transmission Agreement signed on 24.02.2010. EPC Contract awarded to M/s IOT Infrastructure & Services Limited. NTP on 07.06.2011. M/s Lahmeyer Engineers has been appointed as Lender’s Engineer. M/s Fichtner Consulting Engineers has been appointed as Owner Engineer. Long term PPA for sale of 105 MW Power signed with Government of Chhattisgarh and for sale of 195 MW signed with PTC on minimum assured price. Commissioning expected for 2014.
Sponsor: Maruti Clean Coal and Power
Parent company: ACB (India)
Location: Bhandhakhar village, Pali tehsil, Korba district, Chhattisgarh
Coordinates: 22.3409542, 82.4306029 (exact)
Capacity: 300 MW
In service: 2015
Estimated annual CO2: 1,774,110 tons
Source of financing:
Articles and Resources
- Maruti Clean Coal and Power, "About Us", Maruti Clean Coal and Power website, accessed November 2011.
- Monthly Report on Broad Status of Thermal Power Projects in the Country, Central Electricity Authority, September 2013
- "Maruti Clean Coal & Power Ltd.," ACB (India) website, accessed August 2014
- "Maruti Clean Coal & Power Ltd.," ACB (India) website, accessed September 2015
- Monthly Report on Broad Status of Thermal Power Projects in the Country, Central Electricity Authority, April 2015
Related GEM.wiki articles
- Tata Power
- Tata Ultra Mega
- India and nuclear power
- U.S.- India Civil Nuclear Cooperation Initiative
- Global use and production of coal
- Proposed coal plants in India