Bhandhakhar power station
|Part of the |
Global Coal Plant Tracker,
a Global Energy Monitor project.
|Related coal trackers:|
Bhandhakhar power station is an operating power station of at least 300-megawatts (MW) in Bhandakhar, Pali, Korba, Chhattisgarh, India.
Table 1: Project-level location details
|Plant name||Location||Coordinates (WGS 84)|
|Bhandhakhar power station||Bhandakhar, Pali, Korba, Chhattisgarh, India||22.340954, 82.430603 (exact)|
The map below shows the exact location of the power station.
Unit-level coordinates (WGS 84):
- Unit 1: 22.340954, 82.430603
Table 2: Unit-level details
|Unit name||Status||Fuel(s)||Capacity (MW)||Technology||Start year||Retired year|
|Unit 1||operating||coal - unknown||300||subcritical||2015||–|
Table 3: Unit-level ownership and operator details
|Unit 1||Maruti Clean Coal and Power Ltd [100.0%]|
Source of financing:
Although the Ministry of Power listed this project as under construction in September 2013, there is no indication on the company's website that the project has proceeded past the development stage. As of January 2014 the power station is not listed as having received a terms of reference or environmental clearance permit from the India Ministry of Environments and Forests website.
On its website, ACB (India) describes the status of the project as follows:
- Signed MoU with Government of Chhattisgarh on 26.09.2006 and Implementation Agreement on 01.08.2009. Financial Closure achieved. Land for the Project already acquired. Fuel linkage has been awarded on April 8, 2010. Water allocation for 3.09 mcm received in May, 2008. All statutory approvals required for the Project already in place. Environment Clearance received on May 12, 2010. Open access has been granted from Sipat Pooling Station from PGCIL and Bulk Power Transmission Agreement signed on 24.02.2010. EPC Contract awarded to M/s IOT Infrastructure & Services Limited. NTP on 07.06.2011. M/s Lahmeyer Engineers has been appointed as Lender’s Engineer. M/s Fichtner Consulting Engineers has been appointed as Owner Engineer. Long term PPA for sale of 105 MW Power signed with Government of Chhattisgarh and for sale of 195 MW signed with PTC on minimum assured price. Commissioning expected for 2014.
Articles and Resources
- Maruti Clean Coal and Power, "About Us", Maruti Clean Coal and Power website, accessed November 2011.
- Monthly Report on Broad Status of Thermal Power Projects in the Country, Central Electricity Authority, September 2013
- "Maruti Clean Coal & Power Ltd.," ACB (India) website, accessed August 2014
- "Maruti Clean Coal & Power Ltd.," ACB (India) website, accessed September 2015
- Monthly Report on Broad Status of Thermal Power Projects in the Country, Central Electricity Authority, April 2015
To access additional data, including an interactive map of coal-fired power stations, a downloadable dataset, and summary data, please visit the Global Coal Plant Tracker on the Global Energy Monitor website.