Bhaskarpara coal mine
The Bhaskarpara coal mine is a proposed surface and underground mine, in Tehsil Bhiyathan, District Surguja, State Chhattisgarh, India.
The map below shows the approximate location of the Bhaskarpara coal mine project in Tehsil Bhiyathan, District Surguja, State Chhattisgarh, India.
Background on Mine
The proposed Bhaskarpara coal mine is an opencast (0.76 MTPA) and underground (0.24 MTPA) mine on an ML area of 920 Ha, in Tehsil Bhiyathan, District Surguja, State Chhattisgarh, India. Government of India, Ministry of Coal, New Delhi, vide letter No. 13016/54/2008-CA-1, dated 21st November, 2008, allocated “Bhaskarpara Coal Block”(BCB), jointly to M/s Electrotherm (India) Ltd and M/s Grasim Industries Ltd for captive mining of coal for consumption at their respective end use plants. A joint venture company named “Bhaskarpara Coal Company Ltd (BCCL) was formed by both allottees as joint venture partners for development of said coal block, mining of coal and dispatching to end use plants of joint venture partners.
However, the mine was cancelled in wake of the coalgate scam by the Supreme Court of India. The coal block was further allotted to Prakash Industries Limited in an auction by the Ministry of coal for use at its Integrated Steel Plant at Champa (Chhattisgarh).
The mine is now available for reallocation, making it a likely shelved project until there's a new developer.
- Sponsor: Prakash Industries Limited
- Parent company: Prakash Industries Limited
- Location: Tehsil Bhiyathan, District Surguja, State Chhattisgarh, India
- GPS coordinates: Latitude 23.3472222, 23.375 Longitude 82.75, 82.81388888888888
- Status: Proposed
- Production Capacity: 1.0 MTPA
- Total Resource: 46.91 MT
- Mineable Reserves: 24.06 MT
- Coal Type: Non-coking coal, Grade A-F
- Mine Size: 920 ha
- Mine Type: Opencast and underground
- Start Year:
- Source of Financing:
- Permits and Applications: ToR for Bhaskarpara coal mine project, MoEF&CC India, 9 April, 2010; Executive Summary for the Bhaskarpara coal mine project, Bhaskarpara Coal Company Ltd, Accessed on April 20, 2020
- Size of Expansion:
- Permits and Applications:
Articles and resources
- Executive Summary for the Bhaskarpara coal mine project, Bhaskarpara Coal Company Ltd, Accessed on April 20, 2020
- Prakash Industries bids highest for Bhaskarpara mine, Economic Times, 6 November, 2019
- Ministry of Coal, Mine Summary 71 Coal Mines Available for Allocation, accessed November 2020