Bibiyana EHI power station
|Part of the |
Global Gas Plant Tracker,
a Global Energy Monitor project.
Bibiyana EHI power station was a proposed 225-megawatt (MW) gas-fired power plant in Sylhet Division, Bangladesh.
As of December 2019, the project has not progressed in more than four years and appears to be cancelled.
The map below shows the approximate location of the proposed power station in Habiganj District, Sylhet Division, Bangladesh.
In 2012, Energy Holdings International, Inc. signed an agreement with the Bangladesh Power Development Board to build a 225 MW combined cycle power plant at Bibiyana.
In October 2017, the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission revoked EHII's stock registration.
- Sponsor: Energy Holdings International, Inc.
- Parent company: Energy Holdings International, Inc.
- Location: Habiganj District, Sylhet Division, Bangladesh
- Coordinates: 24.4771, 91.4507 (approximate)
- Gross capacity (cancelled): 225 MW
- Combined cycle unit: 225 MW per unit (no start-up date)
Articles and Resources
- Platts World Electric Power Plants Database (June 2019 release)
- Energy Holdings International, Inc. (EGYH.OB) ink agreements to Construct Two (2) Power Plants in Bangladesh, Energy Holdings International, Inc, Oct 24, 2012
- SEC vs ENERGY HOLDINGS INTERNATIONAL, INC., SEC website, Oct 5, 2017