Bidirectional Austrian-Czech Interconnector Gas Pipeline (BACI)
|This article is part of the Global Fossil Infrastructure Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
- Owner: Gas Connect Austria GmbH / NET4GAS, s.r.o.
- Proposed Capacity: 635.66 million cubic feet per day
- Length: 62 km / 38.5 miles
- Diameter: 31.5 inches
- Financing: €41,993 grant from the EU's Connecting Europe Facility
- Status: Cancelled
- Start Year: 2026
In July 2020, Net4Gas' 2021-2030 investment plan set out the company's intention to postpone and scale back gas interconnection projects with Poland and Austria as these projects were not included in the European list of projects of common interest (PCI). The BACI project that was expected in 2024 was "halted" but may be replaced by a smaller project due to be ready in 2026.
Net4Gas told Reuters "the current 10-year plan does not expect the BACI and STORK II projects in their earlier planned form," and that the plan did not include the alternative possibilities.
In 2014, the project was awarded a €41,993 grant from the Connecting Europe Facility for preparatory studies.
European Network of Transmission System Operators for Gas (ENTSOG) lists this project as TRA-A-133.
Articles and resources
- ENTSOG TYNDP 2020 - Annex A - Projects Tables, ENTSOG, accessed January 2020.
- Bidirectional Austrian-Czech Interconnector (BACI), Gas Connect Austria, accessed Jan. 15, 2020.
- [https://www.net4gas.cz/files/en/projects/n4g_pci_info_leaflet_baci_en.pdf PCI 6.4 Bidirectional Austrian-Czech Interconnection (BACI) between Baumgarten (AT) – Reintal (CZ/AT) – Břeclav (CZ)], NET4GAS, accessed Jan. 15, 2020.
- INNOVATION AND NETWORKS EXECUTIVE AGENCY (December 2020). "Preparatory studies for the first bidirectional AT-CZ interconnection ('BACI')". europa.eu. Retrieved December 9, 2020.
- Preparatory studies for the first bidirectional AT-CZ interconnection ("BACI"), European Commission, January 2015
- Staff, Reuters (2020-07-16). "Net4Gas scales back Poland, Austria interconnector plans". Reuters. Retrieved 2020-09-23.
- "Czech TSO suspends gas interconnection projects with Poland and Austria", EnerData, Jul. 20, 2020.