Bijari coal mine
The Bijari coal mine is an opencast mine, operated by South Eastern Coalfields Limited, a subsidiary of Coal India, producing 2.25 million-tonnes-per-annum, in District Raigarh, State Chhattisgarh, India.
The map below shows the exact location of the Bijari Opencast coal mine in District Raigarh, State Chhattisgarh, India.
Background on Mine
The Bijari Opencast coal mine of 2.25 MTPA on an area of 273.375 Ha operated by South Eastern Coalfields Limited, a subsidiary of Coal India, is located in District Raigarh, State Chhattisgarh, India.
A 44-km new railway line in Chhattisgarh under 136 kilometers long East Rail Corridor from Kharsia to Korichapar has become operational in October 2019. This will enable evacuation of coal from Mand-Raigarh and Korba coalfields of South Eastern Coalfields (SECL), the largest coal producing subsidiary of Coal India. SECL has started loading two rakes of coal per day from Bijari, Baroud, and Jampalimines of Mand-Raigarh, which will increase further up to five-six rakes per day, pushing up coal supplies to power stations of Maharashtra and Gujarat. 
- Sponsor: South Eastern Coalfields Limited
- Parent company: Coal India Limited
- Location: District Raigarh, State Chhattishgarh, India
- GPS coordinates: Latitude 20.2577778, 20.2636111 Longitude 83.34972222222221, 83.37694444444443
- Status: Operating
- Production Capacity: 2.25 MTPA
- Total Resource: 20.53 MT
- Mineable Reserves: 17.55 MT
- Coal Type: Non-coking coal, Grade D&E
- Mine Size: 273.375 HA
- Mine Type: Opencast
- Start Year:
- Source of Financing:
- Permits and Applications:Environment Clearance for Bijari Opencast coal mine, MoEF&CC India, 10 August 2015
Articles and resources
- Environment Clearance for Bijari Opencast coal mine, MoEF&CC India, 10 August 2015
- Coal India banks on enhanced evacuation to make up for short supplies, Financial Express, 24 October 2019
- Coal India ramps up daily despatching capacity to Maharashtra and Gujarat, Avishek Rakshit, Business Standard, 17 October, 2019