Bingay coal project
|This article is part of the Global Coal Mine Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
|Please visit Global Energy Monitor to download the dataset|
The Bingay Coal Project is a proposed surface mine, operated by Centermount, set to produce 1 million tonnes per annum, near Elkford, British Columbia, Canada.
As of June 2022, there has been no project update in recent years, and the project appears to be shelved.
The map below shows the approximate location of the proposed project.
Centermount began the permitting process for the mine in 2013. As of 2020, the project is still currently under review by the Impact Assessment Agency of Canada
- Owner: Centermount
- Parent company: Centermount Resources
- Location: Elkford, British Columbia, Canada
- GPS coordinates: 50.197546, -114.975588 (exact)
- Mine status: Proposed
- Production: 1 million tonnes per annum
- Mineable reserves: 42.43 million tonnes 
- Coal type: Metallurgical, Bituminous
- Mine depth: 300 m
- Mine type: Surface
- Start year: TBD
- Life of Mine: 13 years
- Number of employees:200
Articles and resources
- Ram River Coal, Bingay Coal Project Description Released, Elk Valley Coal News, November 2, 2017, accessed August 2020
- Canadian Impact and Assessment Registry, Bingay Main Coal Project, March 16, 2020
- Centermount Coal Ltd., Bingay Main Coal Project Updated Project Description - Update, August 2017.
- Bingay Main Project, Mining Data Solutions, accessed August 2020