|This article is part of the Global Fossil Infrastructure Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Birdsboro Pipeline is a proposed gas pipeline in Pennsylvania, USA. It is currently under construction.
The pipeline will run from Oley, Pennsylvania, USA to Birdsboro, Pennsylvania, USA.
- Operator: DTE Midstream Appalachia, LLC
- Owner: Birdsboro Power
- Proposed capacity: 79 million cubic feet per day
- Length: 21.2 kilometers / 13.2 miles
- Diameter: 12-inches
- Cost: US$47,000,000
- Status: Operating
- Start Year: 2018
The project includes construction of a new pipeline extending from the Birdsboro Facility to Oley Township, Pennsylvania. Construction started in May of 2018, and the pipeline began operations later in 2018.
Articles and resources
- Planned Pipelines, Pipeline News, accessed October 2018
- Construction Begins for 14-Mile Pipe to Feed Berks Gas-Fired Plant, Marcellus Drilling, accessed October 2018
- Natural Gas Data, Pipeline Projects Energy Information Agency, July 21, 2020
- Birdsboro FAQ, DTE Midstream, Feb. 2, 2019