Blagoveshchensk power station
|This article is part of the Global Energy Monitor coverage of Russia and coal|
Blagoveshchensk power station is a 400-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Amur Province, Russia.
The map below shows the location of the plant, in Blagoveshchensk City, Amur Province.
The three existing units of Blagoveshchensk power station were brought online between 1978 and 1984. Unit 1 has an output of 60 MW, and Units 2 and 3 are 100 MW each. The plant is owned by OAO Amurskaya Generatsiya, owned by OJSC RAO Energy System of East, which is in turn a subsidiary of RusHydro.
Description of Expansion
In August 2013, RusHydro started construction work on a 140-MW, $200 million coal-fired fourth unit. Power Machines was awarded the construction contract in February 2014. Testing of the unit's electrical equipment began in August 2015. The new unit was successfully tested in December 2015. As of December 2015, the final completion date was given as June 2016.
The project ran far behind schedule. As of July 2016, the cooling tower had been built, but work on the plant's instruments was still ongoing.
On October 24, 2018 the roof of the plant's coal gallery caught fire.
Project Details for Unit 4 Expansion
- Sponsor: OAO Amurskaya Generatsiya
- Parent company: RusHydro
- Location: Blagoveshchensk City, Amur Province, Russia
- Coordinates: 50.285781, 127.488796 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Gross Capacity: 140 MW
- In service: 2016
- Coal Type:
- Coal Source:
- Source of financing: Sberbank
Articles and resources
- Благовещенская-ТЭЦ, Wikimapia, accessed Aug. 2015.
- Blagoveshchensk Powerplant, Enipedia, accessed Aug. 2015.
- RusHydro to start building phase two of Blagoveshchensk power plant at end-Aug, Russia & CIS Energy Newswire, 9 Aug. 2013.
- Благовещенская ТЭЦ, Wikipedia (Russian), accessed June 2018.
- Power Machines wins contract to construct and equip Blagoveshchensk power plant, Transformers, 28 Feb. 2014.
- Началась пуско-наладка электротехнического оборудования 2-й очереди Благовещенской ТЭЦ, RusHydro press release, 9 Aug. 2015.
- Первый этап второй очереди Благовещенской ТЭЦ запущен в работу, RusHydro press release, 30 Dec. 2015.
- Новая градирня Благовещенской ТЭЦ включена в технологический цикл, RusHydro press release, 5 July 2016.
- "В Амурской области завершили строительство 2-й очереди Благовещенской ТЭЦ," Neftegaz, December 20, 2016
- РусГидро завершило строительство второй очереди Благовещенской ТЭЦ, RusHydro press release, 20 Dec. 2016.
- , 2x2.su, Oct. 25, 2018