Block B coal mine
From Global Energy Monitor
|This article is part of the |
Global Coal Mine Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.
The satellite image below shows the area of the mine in Singrauli District, Madhya Pradesh.
Background on Mine
The Block B coal mine is operated by Northern Coalfields Limited, a subsidiary of Coal India Limited.
- Sponsor: Northern Coalfields Limited
- Parent company: Coal India Limited
- Location: Singrauli District, Madhya Pradesh, India
- GPS coordinates: 24.17502419, 82.56028175 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Production Capacity: 5.47 MTPA
- Total Resource:
- Mineable Reserves: 87.67 MT
- Coal Type: Non-coking coal
- Mine Size:
- Mine Type: Surface
- Start Year:
- Source of Financing:
- Permits and Applications:
Articles and Resources
- Ministry of Environment, Forests & Climate Change, Expansion of Block B Opecast Project, August 6, 2014