Blue Creek No. 1 UG Mine
|This article is part of the Global Coal Mine Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
|Please visit Global Energy Monitor to download the dataset|
Blue Creek No. 1 UG Mine is an underground mine in Kanawha, West Virginia.
The map below shows the exact location of the mine.
Blue Creek Mining operates the mine, which is a subsidiary of Blackhawk Mining LLC.Blackhawk Mining LLC was acquired by the Czech company Sev.en Energy in 2020. Mine has been in operation since 2009. 
In July 2019, Blue Creek Mining was sued by a former employee who claimed that he was fired in retaliation because he reported health and safety concerns.
In 2020, the mine employed 109 workers and produced 0.95 million tons of coal.
- MSHA id: 4609297
- Operator: Blue Creek Mining, LLC
- Owner: Sev.en Energy AG
- Location: Kanawha, WEST VIRGINIA
- Coordinates: 38.352572, -81.458882 (Exact)
- Status: Operating
- Production: 946,462(2020)
- Number of employees: 109(2020)
- Total Reserves:
- Coal Type: Bituminous
- Mine Type: Underground
- Start Year: 2009
- Source of Financing:
Articles and resources
- U.S. department of labor, MSHA, Mine Data Retrieval System, accessed June 6 2021
- "Blue Creek Mining, LLC". Black Hawk Mining LLc. Retrieved June 10, 2021.
- "Sev.en Energy acquires Blackhawk Mining to significantly strengthen its presence in US metallurgical coal mining". June 1, 2020. Sev.en Energy. Retrieved June 6, 2021.
- Bradon, Carrie (Jul 16, 2019). "Former Black Hawk Mining, Blue Creek Mining employee alleges he was terminated in retaliation". West Virginia Record. Retrieved June 10, 2021.