Blue Creek mine
From Global Energy Monitor
|This article is part of the |
Global Coal Mine Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.
Blue Creek mine is a proposed U.S. surface coal mine, set to produce 4.3 million short tons, near Whitson, Tuscaloosa County, Alabama, United States.
The below map shows the approximate location of the Wolf Branch West mine site in Tuscaloosa County, Alabama.
- Owner: Warrior Met Coal
- Location: near Whitson, Tuscaloosa County, Alabama, United States
- GPS Coordinates: 33.589224, -87.4418327
- Production Capacity: 4.3 million tonnes per year
- Total Resource:
- Mineable Reserves: 103 million tonnes
- Coal type: Bituminous (Metallurgical)
- Mine Size:
- Mine Depth:1,500-2,000 ft
- Mine Type: Longwall
- Start Year: 2025
- Development Costs: $600 million
Articles and resources
- ↑ $500 million coal mine announced for Tuscaloosa County, al.com, Feb. 20, 2020
- ↑ Blue Creek Coking Coal Project, NS Energy Business, accessed June 2021
- ↑ Blue Creek Mine, Mining Data Solutions, accessed November 2020
- ↑ Sean Ross, Alabama's Warrior Met Coal Announces Historic Blue Creek Mine Development, Yellow Hammer News, February 19, 2020