Bokaro Opencast coal mine
From Global Energy Monitor
|This article is part of the |
Global Coal Mine Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.
The mine is part of a larger cluster called the Bokaro and Kargali coal mines.
The map below shows the location of the Bokaro and Kargali coal mines in Jharkhand state, India.
Background on Mine
- Sponsor: Central Coalfields Limited
- Parent company: Coal India
- Location: Bokaro and Kargali Area, Jharkhand state, India
- Coordinates: 23.787063, 85.923633 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Production: 0.21 million tonnes per annumSelected Dhori (2.22 MTPA)
- In service:
- Coal type: Subbituminous, Thermal
- Mining method: Underground and surface
- Mine depth: 180m (current mine depths in the coalfield)
- Source of financing: