Bokaro steel plant
|This article is part of the Global Steel Plant Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Bokaro steel plant (BSL) is an integrated steel plant in Bokaro Steel City, Jharkhand, India.
The map below shows the location of the steel plant in Bokaro Steel City, Jharkhand, India.
SAIL has Maharatna CPSE (Central Public Sector Enterprise) status by the Government of India under the Ministry of Steel.
- Parent company: Government of India
- Owner: SAIL (Steel Authority of India Ltd.)
- Alternative plant names: BSL
- Location: Marafari, Bokaro Steel City, Jharkhand 827011, India
- GPS Coordinates: 23.671677, 86.106870 (exact)
- Plant status: operating
- Start year: 1972 (age 47–48)
- Production capacities (thousand tonnes per annum):
- Crude steel: 4500
- Production (thousand tonnes per annum):
- Steel product category: flat
- Steel products: hot rolled coils, hot rolled plates, hot rolled sheets, cold rolled coils, cold rolled sheets, tin mill black plates, galvanised plain and corrugated sheets
- Steel sector end users: automotive, railway, construction, white goods, defense
- Steelmaking process: integrated
- Primary steel production equipment: 8 coke oven batteries (69 coke ovens each); 5 2000m3 blast furnace (BF); 7 basic oxygen furnaces (BOF) (5 130-tonne BOF, 2 300-tonne BOF); sinter plant
- Power source: Bhilai Steel power station
- Iron ore source: Captive mines at Kiriburu, Meghahataburu, Bhawanathpur, Tulsidamar, and Kuteshwar.
- Coal source: Jharia coalfields
Articles and resources
This page uses material from the Wikipedia page Bokaro Steel Plant under the provisions of the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.