Bolu Göynük coal mine
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Turkey and coal.|
The Bolu Göynük coal mine is a surface mine, operated by Aksa Enerji, a subsidiary of Kazancı Holding, producing 1.8 million tonnes per annum, for the Bolu Göynük power station in Bolu province, Turkey.
The satellite photo below shows the mine and plant, which is near Göynük town, Göynük district, Bolu province.
Background on Project
Mining in the Bolu-Göynük lignite field was undertaken by the private sector until 1978, when the coalfield was nationalized. In 1979, Göynük Linyitleri İşletmesi (Göynük Lignite Enterprise) or GÖLİ was established as a subsidiary of TKI to exploit the lignite reserves in the district. However, GÖLİ was shut down in 2002 because of persistent financial loss.
In 2006 Aksa Enerji, a subsidiary of Kazancı Holding, received the temporary operating rights for the Bolu Göynük mine from TKI for 30 years, to supply the coal demand from the future Bolu Göynük power station. This was the first contract signed between TKİ and a private company. Construction for the power plant began in July 2012. In 2015, the first year of operation of the power station, the mine produced 800 thousand tons. In 2016, when the second unit became operational, the plant's consumption increased to 1,8 million tons per year. In 2021, Aksa Enerji reported that the mine had 27.76 million tons in reserves.
- Sponsor: Aksa Enerji
- Parent company: Kazancı Holding
- Location: Göynük town, Göynük district, Bolu province, Turkey
- Coordinates: 40.245916, 30.797164 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Production: 1.8 million tons
- Reserves: 30 million tons
- In service: 2015
- Coal type: Lignite
- Source of financing: Türkiye İş Bankası, Garanti
Articles and resources
- (2009) Dokuzuncu Kalkınma Planı 2007-2013 . Madencilik Özel İhtisas Komisyonu, 120. Report.
- (2002) 2001 Yıllık Faaliyet Raporu . Türkiye Kömür İşletmeleri Kurumu. Report.
- (2003) 2002 Yıllık Faaliyet Raporu . Türkiye Kömür İşletmeleri Kurumu, 13. Report.
- (2016) 2015 Yılı Faaliyet Raporu . Aksa Enerji Üretim A.Ş.. Report.
- "Aksa Builds $319 Million Coal-Fired Plant With Bank Loans" Bloomberg, July 13, 2012.
- Aksa Bolu Göynük Termik Santrali Temel Atma Töreni, Aksa Enerji press release, July 13, 2012.
- (2018) 2017 Yılı Faaliyet Raporu . Aksa Enerji Üretim A.Ş.. Report.
- Aksa Enerji 2021 Faaliyet Raporu . Aksa Enerji Üretim A.Ş.. Report.