Bonaparte Gas Pipeline
|This article is part of the Global Fossil Infrastructure Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
The Bonaparte Gas Pipeline is an operating natural gas pipeline.
The pipeline runs from Wadeye in the Northern Territory to Ban Ban Springs, about 130 km southeast of Darwin in the Northern Territory.
- Operator: APA Group
- Owner: APA Group (19.9%), Marubeni (49.9%), Osaka Gas (30.2%)
- Parent company: Energy Infrastructure Investments
- Capacity: 75.82 million cubic feet per day / 80 terajoules per day
- Length: 287 kilometers
- Status: Operating
- Start Year: 2008
The Bonaparte Pipeline is operated by APA Group, and owned by Energy Infrastructure Investments, which is composed of APA Group (19.9%), Marubeni (49.9%), and Osaka Gas (30.2%).The Bonaparte Pipeline is an uncovered pipeline under the National Gas Law and is therefore not subject to regulation under Australia's National Gas Rules.
Articles and resources
- State of the Energy Market Report 2021, accessed Aug. 11, 2021, Australian Energy Regulator, accessed Aug. 11, 2021.
- NT: Bonaparte Gas Pipeline, Australian Energy Market Commission, accessed Aug. 11, 2021.