Borg El Arab power station
|Part of the Global Gas Plant Tracker, a Global Energy Monitor and Center for Media and Democracy project.|
Borg El Arab power station is a proposed 31-megawatt (MW) gas-fired power plant in New Borg El-Arab City,, Hod Sakrah WA Abu Hamad, Qesm Borg Al Arab, Alexandria Governorate, Egypt.
The map below shows the approximate location of the proposed power station in Alexandria, Al Iskandariyah Governorate, Egypt.
- Sponsor: National Electricity Technology company (Kahraba)
- Parent company: Egypt Kuwait Holdings (EKH) Group
- Location: New Borg El-Arab City,, Hod Sakrah WA Abu Hamad, Qesm Borg Al Arab, Alexandria Governorate, Egypt
- Coordinates: 30.870111, 29.615376 (exact)
- Gross capacity (proposed): 31 MW
- Combined-cycle units 1-2: 9.5 MW per unit (2020)
Articles and Resources
- Power Engineering Wärtsilä providing flexible engines for Egyptian power plant Power Engineering, July 29, 2019
- NS Staff Wärtsilä to supply gas-powered engines for Kahraba’s power plant in Egypt NS Energy July 30, 2019